Clarice C. Liu
As the principal of the law firm, attorney Clarice C. Liu has specialized in employment law for over 20 years having served both corporate clients and individuals, in employment litigation and counseling. Ms. Liu’s well-rounded experience affords a highly unique perspective and balance that have proven to be incisive and critical to achieving excellent results for the clients. Ms. Liu has a successful track record in obtaining outstanding results for clients, as both a strong litigator and a skilled negotiator. Ms. Liu has also achieved numerous favorable outcomes for clients, whether at trial, arbitration, or mediation. Prior to establishing the Liu Employment Law Firm, Ms. Liu was a Principal Attorney at the San Francisco office of Payne & Fears; her prior affiliation also included the employment law group at Thelen LLP (formerly Thelen Reid & Priest).
Ms. Liu has a vast experience representing a variety of clients in federal and state courts in areas of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin and disability, as well as retaliation, wage and hour issues, trade secrets misappropriation, and unfair competition. Ms. Liu also provides advice and counseling on employment matters concerning hiring, employment applications, employment agreements, termination, reductions in force, employee handbook, post-termination confidentiality, independent contractor status and harassment investigation procedures. She provides training and seminars on issues such as sexual harassment, wage and hour, confidentiality, non-compete and unfair competition.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1992
- Judicial extern for the Honorable Arthur L. Alarcon, Senior Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- B.A., English Literature and Economics, University of California, Berkeley, 1985
- State of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
Professional and Civic Activities
- Member, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Former Co-Chair, Board of Directors of Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (BALIF)
- Former Board Member, National Board of Directors of Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Former Board Member, Lawyers for Human Rights